While car wrecks are rare for individuals, they are not rare for us here at our office in Mississippi. It’s what we do. Our lawyers have handled or reviewed thousands of personal injury claims over the years, and here is what we recommend someone immediately do after any type of accident to protect their interests:
- Make sure everyone is OK at the scene and CALL 911!
- Cooperate with law enforcement at the scene*
- Seek medical care for injuries as soon as possible.
- DO NOT GIVE A RECORDED STATEMENT TO AN INSURANCE COMPANY!
- Call Roberts Wilson for a Free Initial Consultation immediately, your case may depend on it!
What can you learn in a Free Initial Consultation?
When a person takes advantage of our Free Initial Consultation, they learn very important things about their case that can save them money and headaches, even when they do not hire us, like how much a case might be worth.
Some of the things accident victims can learn by calling our office include the following:
- When to talk to the insurance company and when not to;
- How to talk with the insurance company and not damage a case;
- How to resolve property damage claims;
- What type of medical records must be obtained;
- What medical evaluations are needed;
- How long the claims process takes;
- Likelihood of a settlement without going to court;
- Whether or not a lawsuit might be necessary;
- How much a claim is worth;
- Important resources for catastrophic injury victims, (traumatic brain or paralysis injuries).
The primary reason we became lawyers is to help others. The primary reason we offer Free Initial Consultations is to help people avoid being taken advantage of by insurance companies, which happens all the time. For some examples of how insurance companies mistreat their customers and accident victims, click here and here. The secondary reason we offer free consultations is to evaluate whether or not a client needs our help. If you don’t need a lawyer, we will tell you that and you can go on to handle the situation with the education we have provided you. Generally speaking, the larger a case is, the more complex it will be and therefore more important to have a lawyer manage the case for you. Call 662.533.9111 for a Free Initial Consultation. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
While all cases are different, what do we do after a client hires our firm can be generally be found here.
*We recognize that there are instances where a person who has been in an accident might need to seek advice from a criminal defense attorney before cooperating with law enforcement. If you believe you may be charged with a crime, we recommend people seek co nsel before communicating with law enforcement.