2019 Schedule of Events (SAFETY FIRST)
Tuesday, July 2
- 6:30 p.m.: Non-Denominational Worship Service at Paris-Yates Chapel
Wednesday, July 3
- 7 – 9 p.m.- Street Dance on the Square, featuring music by local band SOULE
- Bring your lawn chairs and your dancing shoes!
- Thank you to our Street Dance sponsor Nicole Akins Boyd
Thursday, July 4th (THE BIG DAY)
- 7:30 a.m.: Freedom 5K and Family Fun Run to benefit Mississippi Critterz
- 9:30 a.m.: LOU 4th of July Children’s Parade on the Square, lineup begins at 9 a.m. by Something Southern. Parade Application 2019.
- 4 p.m.- Nightfall: Activities in the Grove at Ole Miss
- Activities include: Live Music and Food Vendors
- Children’s Area, featuring: Petting Zoo, Train Rides, Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Balloon Art
- Thank you to our Children’s Activities Sponsor
- 4-4:50 p.m. – LOU Community Band
- 5:20-6 p.m. – Independence Day Pageant
- Deadline July 2nd
- 6 p.m.: Independence Day Ceremony in the Grove, a moment to reflect on the occasion and honor our local service men and women.
- 6:55 -8:15 p.m.: Music in the Grove
- Alanna Mosley Band
- Alanna is a singer-songwriter from Carrollton, MS. She plays her own original songs and a wide variety of cover music that spans the musical spectrum–and always puts her own unique spin on things. She released her first EP in 2014 and won first place in the Jimmie Rodgers Competition in 2016. After living for some time in Charlotte, NC, she has moved back to the Mississippi Delta where you can find her playing all over the southeast.
- Alanna Mosley Band
- 7:30 p.m.: Gates open to the Oxford University Stadium (Swayze Field) for a $2 donation, proceeds going to the 2020 4th of July Celebration. No coolers. Refreshments will be available for purchase. Local films will be shown on the stadium screen prior to fireworks.
- 9 p.m.: Fireworks Presentation over Oxford-University Stadium-Swayze Field. The show will be 20 minutes. Please take care to note the perimeter is marked for safety.
The LOU 4th of July Committee is presented by the Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce.